To support customers in all of their reporting needs, spanning custom to regulatory-compliant reporting. This position requires a person with data analysis experience who can help ensure that the product is delivering maximum value to each customer based on their individual reporting needs. This position is exempt.
The position reports to the Manager of Information Management.
The candidate’s responsibilities shall include, but are not limited to:
- Coordinate and support any effort in the quest of receiving data from customers directly or customer partnerships
- Ensure customer and internal reporting deadlines are met
- Maintain and apply validation procedures for data to ensure data quality is superior
- Communicate any identification of data issues and how it may impact reporting
- Work with analyzing data sources to define consumption into the data warehouse
- Contribute to the development and maintenance of key data processing activities such as normalization, translation, identity merging, etc.
- Other assigned duties
- 4 to 5 years of experience working with healthcare data repositories from multiple environments
- Keen understanding of the importance of healthcare data and how it is used in analytics and care delivery, along with the latest trends and industry directions
- Strong SQL skills
- Background or familiarity with ETL tools/processes
- Ability to take initiative, manage through competing priorities, troubleshoot issues, and work well with other departments
- Willingness to build positive relationships with customers and provide them with superior service
- Strong passion for healthcare data and the drive toward high data utility
- Ability to innovate and provide solutions to a range of challenges ranging from simple to very complex
- Experience working with BI tools (Pentaho preferred)
- Strong understanding of healthcare data, analytics, and reporting
- MYSQL experience
- Thorough understanding of relational databases
- Strong written and oral communication skills