To contribute to the data acquisition, processing, loading, exporting and reporting of healthcare data in support product and corporate initiatives. The successful individual will be experienced and have a strong understanding of healthcare data, analytics, and reporting. The person will need to successfully build and manage relationships with customers, other internal departments, and data suppliers. The successful candidate will synthesize data from multiple sources into coherent logical data sets suitable to drive analyses and the functionality of GSI Health’s current suite of products as well as future products. Specifically, the successful candidate has experience in building and managing data repositories in the healthcare space by leveraging multiple sources (e.g., claims data, clinical data, and administrative data). The role requires an ability to understand the evolving healthcare data landscape, standard healthcare reporting metric systems (e.g., HEDIS, DSRIP, ACO, etc.), and be on the forefront of healthcare data innovation. This is an exempt position.
This position will report to the Manager, Information Management.
The candidate’s responsibilities shall include, but are not limited to:
- Coordinate and support any effort in the quest of receiving data from customers directly or customer partnerships
- Ensure customer and internal reporting deadlines are met
- Maintain and apply validation procedures for data to ensure data quality is superior
- Communicate any identification of data issues and how it may impact reporting
- Collaborate with other departments in the company to identify opportunities, to develop an overall growth strategy for data products and the tactics to achieve it
- Work with analyzing data sources to define consumption into the data warehouse
- Contribute to the development and maintenance of key data processing activities such as normalization, translation, identity merging, etc.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Keen understanding of the importance of healthcare data and how it is used in analytics and care delivery, along with the latest trends and industry directions
- Fulfill the account management duties on the information and data fronts, interacting directly with client’s vendors, partners, and analysts
- Hands-on experience with handling clinical, administrative, and claims data for patients, and utilizing that information for analytics-driven outcomes improvement
- Ability to think strategically about product direction leveraging healthcare data, then execute actions necessary to implement the strategy.
- Ability to take initiative, manage through competing priorities, troubleshoot issues, and work well with other departments
- At least 8 to 10 years of experience working with healthcare data repositories from multiple sources, supporting data-driven products and analytical reporting
- Strong SQL skills a must
- Familiarity with business intelligence (BI) reporting and visualization products
- Background or familiarity with ETL tools/processes
- Strong passion for healthcare data and the drive toward high data utility
- BA/BS sought
- Master’s degree preferred
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Exceptional organizational skills