To provide the first level of support to both our clients and internal staff and be responsible for installing applications, setting up printers, building new desktops, laptops and virtual servers from templates, monitoring backups and checking system logs. Manage, respond and resolve tickets created in our helpdesk software, in priority order. This position has upward growth potential for the right applicant and is a great opportunity for the candidate to learn enterprise level applications and hardware while obtaining the certifications to support them. This position is for 2nd shift. This is an exempt position.
This position reports to the Director of IT & Datacenter.
The candidate’s responsibilities shall include, but not be limited to:
- Installing and configuring computer hardware operating systems and applications on virtual & physical PC’s & Macs;
- Setup, configure, and troubleshoot IPhone (IOS) devices;
- Create, track, escalate, and update incoming IT support tickets from opening to close using Manage Engine Service Desk Plus ticketing system;
- Track and document changes to hardware including Workstations, Servers, SANS, and Routers in our change management database;
- Manage and maintain the IT hardware and software inventory;
- Create and maintain purchase orders via our purchasing order system;
- Troubleshooting hardware and software and providing daily support for internal staff via email, chat, phone, and video conferencing systems;
- Conduct training sessions for existing staff and be a part of the process of orienting new employees as well as set up new users’ accounts and provision their hardware;
- Troubleshooting system and network issues and diagnosing and solving hardware and software faults;
- Monitor, maintain and respond to computer system and network alerts triggered via the network monitoring tool Nagios;
- Supporting the roll-out of new applications and customer environments;
- Create and provide procedural documentation for various IT processes and generate weekly and monthly reports on IT issues and SLA violations;
- Prioritizing and managing many open tasks and tickets;
- Researching, testing, and evaluating new technology to support end users;
- Other assigned duties.
- Candidate must have 3+ years of recent experience in supporting, procuring and installing IT hardware and software components;
- Expert knowledge of the troubleshooting process;
- Helpdesk experience required;
- Ability to take part in a once per month weekend on-call rotation during the first year.
- Experience with the following apps and hardware desired but not required:
VMware, Horizon View, Windows 2008, 2012, 7, and 8,MAC OS,IOS, MySql; MSSql, Nagios, Linux, SonicWALL, SAV, Office 365, SharePoint, Ring Central, ManageEngine Servicedesk Plus, Jira, Assembla, SalesForce, GoToMeeting & Webex
- Any of the following certs are a huge plus:
VCP, CCNA, CCP-V, CompTIA A+, ACSP, ACMT, CWTS, ITIL, MCSE, MCSA,
- Ability to travel occasionally to our datacenters, office and client sites or other locations as required.
- BA/BS Sought;
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Exceptional organizational skills
Please email us at email@example.com and indicate which position you are interested in.